Every market has its own set of targets and hurdles and these are overcome by proper marketing tools and techniques. likewise, the market of sports is also counted as one of the biggest and thus has a lot of potentials which still can be reached out to. thus the sports companies, teams, clubs, etc. are trying to find out new ways to reach out to new fans and people.
The 10 most highly influential marketing techniques used in 2019 are:
- Artificial intelligence: the companies are using AI techniques to tap into a large amount of customer data like by using chatbots and machine learning tools.
- esports: today the video games have reached major technological heights. Thus using the same techniques online sports video games with easy register can be used to reach out to new fanbases.
- Augmented reality: companies are now using throngs of applications and virtual reality features to give the audience a much more heightened experience of watching sports.
- Wearables: the companies these days have made the sports wearables mainstream as now more people are buying them to keep themselves fit.
- Over the top content: in one’s busy schedule, people will not have to wait for the match to be telecasted on tv. Instead, they can watch it live on many websites who have plausible rights to the game.
- Dark social: the largest amount of unaccounted traffic that circulates is through social media and messenger apps. Thus sports community tries to analyze that data and reach out to the masses.
- Women’s influence: watching women play sports brings in a sense of inclusiveness and equality. This generation likes such initiative and thus bringing in more women to play has become effective from a marketing perspective.
- Sustainable products: sports industry is now focusing on making a difference in the environment as well. and for this, they are bringing in the trends of sustainable products which will let the customers know that they are doing something good.
- Sports for seniors: everybody like to have a long and fulfilling life with good health. Therefore the industry is trying to reach out to the older citizens and is trying to bring in a sporting spirit in them.
- Kid’s sports: with children participating in sports daily and making a career out of it will make them healthier and stronger and also will influence others to do the same.
The sports community is vast and the number of fans and followers is increasing progressively too. with the correct type of marketing technique, the industry can bring in an organic increase in their followers and customers.